1) Why do I need a patch test before my hair is coloured?
New health and safety guidelines state that a skin patch test is required 48 hours prior to perming and colouring for all new clients and customers who have not had their hair coloured with us in the last 6 months. This is because an allergy can develop suddenly, even though you may have previously applied any other colourant. A skin allergy test takes less that one minute to carry out and you can call into the salon for one at any time during our opening hours. Once you have had your test we will keep it on record for you. Without a skin allergy test we cannot perform your colour service.
2) How long will it take to have a colour and cut and blow-dry service?
A cut, colour and blow-dry service takes approximately 2 hours and 15 minutes.
3) How do I find out how many loyalty points I have?
If you’d like to know how many loyalty points you have you can ask any of our team at reception. If you are unable to reach the salon you can call us on 01625 503330 and we will be happy to tell you.
4) What can I use my loyalty points for?
Loyalty points can be used for the following:
- Nails, File and Polish - 45 Points
- Conditioning treatment - 50 Points
Scalp Massage - 45 Points
- Pureology Hair Spa treatment - 60 Points
- Shampoo and Blow Dry - 100 Points
5) Can I have a scalp massage whilst in the salon for my colour service?
Due to the nature of the service we cannot carry out an Pureology Scalp Massage if you are having a colour service. Alternatively, why not have a conditioning treatment with your colour service to keep your hair in tip top condition. Treatments are performed on our relaxing shiatsu back massage chairs.
6) Can I use my free blow-dry with my wash, cut and blow-dry?
Unfortunately not, but you can use your free blow-dry on its own or as part of a colour and blow-dry service.
7) Can I get my fringe trimmed in between appointments?
Yes, fringe trimming services are available in between appointments free of charge. Simply cal us on the day you were thinking of coming in and we can give you an idea of the best time to drop by.
8) Did the salon used to be in Dukes Court?
The salon opened as Wilsons Associates in Dukes Court 24 years ago. In 2002 we relocated to a larger salon on Chester Road and are now known as Wilsons Hairdressing.
9) How do I find the salon?
The salon is located at the cross roads on Chester Road in Macclesfield. Here's a map.
10) Can I use my laptop in the salon?
Yes. Our salon is fully WIFI enabled so you can bring your laptop and catch up on work during your appointment.